Call for Papers: SSAC 2023 Annual Conference
The Call for Papers is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a paper proposal. Conference registration details are forthcoming.
Cast in Place
The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada is now accepting paper proposals for its 48th annual conference under the theme Cast in Place. Our conference will feature an opening reception evening on Wednesday, paper sessions on Thursday and Friday, tours, a coach excursion on Saturday, and a concluding banquet. Several events are planned.
Researchers, professionals, and students from any discipline whose work relates to the built environment in Canada are invited to submit an abstract relating to one of the following sessions. Session descriptions can be found at the links below.
- Social Justice and the Built Environment
- Cast in (an undesirable) place: socio-spatial inequalities in the built environment
- Queering Canada’s Built Environment: Breaking the Mold
- Heritage in Architectural Education
- Wellbeing in Architecture/the Architecture of Wellbeing
- Churches and Communities
- Concrete Communities: From Apartment Neighbourhoods to Condo Construction
- Conservation of Early-20th-Century Reinforced Concrete
- Cast in Place… and then what? Post-WWII Concrete, Conservation and Creative Heritage Approaches
- Terra Cotta and Cast Decoration in Early-20th-Century Canadian Architecture
- Current Research