The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada is now accepting paper proposals for its 46th annual conference under the theme “Architecture in the Clouds.” We are seeking papers for the following sessions:
- The Sea and Shore
- Recovering and transforming obsolescent cultural landscapes
- The Shifting Winds: Changes in Pedagogy and Canadian Architectural Discourse
- Changing Contexts and Reintegrating Spaces
- Voices on the Air
- Utopia and Hubris: Classicism in Twentieth-Century Canada
- Religious Architecture in Canada
- Conservation in the Clouds
- From RnD to RtD (Research Through Design)
- Globalizing Architectural Scholarship in Canada
- per architectura ad astra / through architecture to the stars
- The Past, Present and Future of Black Spaces and Architecture in Canada
- Bio-Regenerative Building Design – Wellness Regeneration
- Current Research
Please see the full Call for Papers for details.
Researchers, professionals and students from any discipline whose work relates to the built environment in Canada are invited to submit a paper proposal. Paper proposals will be assessed by a scientific committee including session chairs and members of the Society. Please submit a paper proposal of no more than 250 words and your CV using the online form.
Deadline: April 18, 2021.