Deadline: March 1, 2020
From Revival to Renewal
46th Annual Conference of the Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada
Université du Québec à Montréal – 20-23 May, 2020
Martin Drouin, UQAM
Lucie K. Morisset, UQAM
Luc Noppen, UQAM
The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada is now accepting paper proposals for its 46th annual conference. Our conference will feature an opening reception evening on Wednesday, paper sessions Thursday through Saturday, tours, and a concluding banquet. Several events are planned.
Researchers, professionals and students from any discipline whose work relates to the built environment in Canada can submit a proposal by sending an abstract of not more than 250 words, accompanied by a one-page CV, to moc.l1582401697iamg@1582401697CASS.15824016970202.1582401697CAES1582401697. Please indicate which session from the following list your proposal addresses. Full session descriptions may be found in the Call for Papers.
- Session 1: Research by Design: A Tool of Innovation in City Making
- Session 2: Drawing Forward
- Session 3: Teaching Architecture and Design History in Canada
- Session 4: The Making and Re-Making of Imperial Architecture in Canada
- Session 5: Changing Contexts and Reintegrating Spaces
- Session 6: On Current Indigenous Architecture and Planning: Building on Reconciliation
- Session 7: The Italian Sojourns of Canadian Architects: Transitions, Translations, and Transformations
- Session 8: The Medieval Tradition in Canadian Architecture
- Session 9: Dis-placements: Spatial Stories of Migration
- Session 10: Globalizing Architectural Scholarship in Canada
- Session 11: Rethinking Major Urban Public Parks, Between Continuity and Reinvention
- Session 12: Sense Experience as a Built Environment Analysis Tool?
- Session 13: Settings and Atmospheres in Canadian Ecclesial Architecture
- Session 14: An Example of Prefabrication Before Prefabrication: The Manufacturing of Doors and Windows in the 19th Century
- Session 15: Current Research
Please send submissions no later than Sunday, March 1, 2020 to moc.l1582401697iamg@1582401697CASS.15824016970202.1582401697CAES1582401697.
Paper proposals will be assessed by a scientific committee including session chairs and members of the Society. Depending on available funds, financial support for the travel expenses of students may be provided following the conference.
Photo: Alexandre Choquette / Tourisme Montréal